Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Friday, October 28, 2011

The New England Koala

Remember the koala design I posted a few weeks ago?  Well, it's been pointed out to me that koalas don't have tails!  When I drew this design, as with all my designs, I didn't do any research, I just did the version that popped into my head.  (As a designer, I'm allowed to do that!)  However, I also don't want to offend the koala community, so I have performed a "tail-ectomy" and now, you can either knit my "New England" version of a koala or an anatomically correct one.  I've changed the pattern to include directions and charts for either one.  Thank you Maria for setting me straight.  (Maria lives in Australia, so she should know!)  All I can say, in my own defense, is that in nature there are always aberrations and that's what makes us all interesting!

2 comments:

Deb said...

I'm knitting the Koala in the baby blanket that I'm knitting. Is the tail-less one available? Or....are you keeping the pattern as is?

Aussie Maria said...

Love your post Elaine, I'm still giggling. Although I should have known immediately that koala's don't have tails, it took me ages to work out the "not quite right" bit, cause the koala is just so cute.
And yes, the one I knit has a "tail" :-)